Interior Health is looking for an experienced, highly efficient and self -directed Term Specific Full Time Administrative Assistant to support the Quality & Patient Safety department. This position is based out of the Community Health and Services Centre in Kelowna, B.C. and reports to the Executive Director, Quality and Patient Safety . The term period for this position is until March 10, 2021 or return of the incumbent.
The Administrative Assistant works in a team environment to provide confidential administrative support functions to the Executive Director and other management staff as required. The Administrative Assistant serves as a vital linkage and communication source to keep the department informed and aligned to its priorities. Responsibilities include: coordinating and organizing workflow; determining priorities; composing confidential correspondence for signature; designing and creating correspondence, documents, presentations, orientation packages, and spreadsheets (including data entry) for authorization by the management team; maintaining the integrity and confidentiality of all information which flows through, and is processed for management as it pertains to client care, operations, personnel, labour relations, finance, and public affairs; and supporting the Executive Director in setting the positive, collaborative, and efficient tone for the department. The Administrative Assistant, Quality and Patient Safety may participate in quality and patient safety courses to develop additional skills and familiarity with quality management.
SOME TYPICAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Discusses inquiries for information with a variety of internal and external contacts in order to obtain and disclose information. Answers routine inquiries and complaints by determining the nature of the issues and provides information directly or through correspondence.
• Provides assistance on projects by collecting data requiring the evaluation and determination of available sources. Assembles and edits reports in an appropriate format.
• Assists with maintaining the program/department web page.
• Coordinates all administrative logistics for meetings, events, education sessions, workshops, video conferences, and teleconferences including appropriate space, equipment, and materials.
• Provides input to new policies, processes, and for the development of strategies.
• Performs other related duties as assigned.
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. For a challenging, growth-oriented career in a beautiful natural setting where balanced lifestyle choices abound, come to Interior Health and join our quest to set new standards of excellence in the delivery of health services in the Province of BC.
Come live, work and play where others only vacation. Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!