The South Cariboo Health Centre in 100 Mile House is looking for enthusiastic and customer service oriented Administrative Services Professionals to join their team, apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 40 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution;
• An Office Administration Certificate;
• A current valid BC Driver’s License;
• Your Resume;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position.
This position performs reception, administrative and Health Unit Aide support such as:
• Regular office and reception duties: Data entry, gathering, organizing, collecting, collating and verifying information, types correspondence, prepares presentations, arranges meeting, types agendas, takes and transcribes minutes, books travel, performs reception duties, record management;
• Schedules and confirms client appointments;
• Receives, records, checks and balances cash transactions;
• Maintains medical/surgical supplies, equipment and HCIS resource material;
• Clinical support - cleaning, setting up and dismantling rooms, cleaning/sanitizing toys and equipment, weighing and measuring babies, calibrating equipment, vision screenings;
• Cleans medical equipment and instruments;
• Delivering supplies and biologicals to health unit;
• Deal with clients who may be confused, anxious, angry or difficult.
Shifts are Monday to Friday from 08:30 to 16:30
***This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.***
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12
• Graduation from a recognized Office Administration Certificate Program, Plus
• One years recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 40 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
• Current valid BC Driver's License
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to type at 40 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to work independently and in cooperation with others
• Ability to operate related equipment
• Ability to organize and prioritize
• Knowledge of general office procedures
• Ability to establish and maintain rapport with clients
• Knowledge of nursing equipment
• Knowledge of sterilization techniques and procedures
• Business writing skills
**ONLY QUALIFIED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED.**
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.