Bilingual Registered Psychotherapist
Position at Lifemark Health Group
Registered Psychotherapist - Lifemark Physiotherapy - Ottawa, ON
We have an exciting opportunity for a Bilingual Registered Psychotherapist to join our growing team! We are seeking an individual with 1-2 years experience in private practice treating MVA, WSIB and chronic pain patients.
Lifemark Physiotherapy Carlingwood Mall
Lifemark Physiotherapy Santé Montfort
Bilingualism in English and French is required.
As a member of the interdisciplinary team, you will work with clients referred via insurance companies, legal firms and other third-party organizations to address psychological concerns related to injury and trauma, psychosocial factors in recovery, functional improvement, disability management and return-to-work planning.
- Experience implementing CBT model for MVA, WSIB and Chronic Pain patients
- Registered with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario
- Excellent report writing skills
- Experience in the treatment of emotional, cognitive and behavioural dysfunction
- Training and experience with cognitive behavioural therapy
- Experience working as part of a multi/interdisciplinary team
- Experience with challenging client groups with complex impairments preferred
- Access to vehicle to travel to different clinic locations
- Experience preparing assessment, progress and discharge reports
- Participates in team conferences to discuss clients' treatment plan and goals, the progress made to date, and any barriers to treatment.
- Works closely with the interdisciplinary team, providing insights and strategies from a psychosocial perspective to enhance the broader treatment approach
- Psychological case management input and direction to interdisciplinary team members in regards to client progress, psychosocial barriers, conflict resolution and discharge planning, via attending case conferences, team meetings and clinical record-keeping.
- Provides assistance to the Psychologist in the completion of initial psychological screens as well as comprehensive psychological assessments
- Reviews file documents and requests additional information as required
- Explains the purpose of assessment, limits of confidentiality, and obtains proper authorizations from client
- Conducts comprehensive clinical interview to determine current emotional/psychosocial functioning and appropriateness for treatment
- Administers psychometric testing and assists in interpretation
- Assists in analyzing assessment data, formulating conclusions and providing specific treatment recommendations
- Prepares a comprehensive report of findings within required time frames
Apply today! Please visit our website at www.lifemark.ca