The Schulich School of Medicine & Dentistry (SSMD) is seeking several Community Dentists to join the Schulich Hygiene Clinic. Dentists will be assigned morning (4 hours) or afternoon (3 hours) sessions on Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. There is the possibility to work 1 to 6 sessions per week.
The Dentist will supervise the SSMD hygienists, perform clinical examinations on patients and diagnose within the scope of RCDSO mandate. The incumbent will suggest the appropriate radiographs as necessary, ensure that proper care is being provided and direct the patient to the appropriate treatment path in relation to their future care. The Dentist will also assist with screening patients for the Undergraduate DDS (Doctor of Dental Surgery) program.
- D.D.S or D.M.D from an ADA accredited dental school
- BCLS certificate
- 5 years¿ related experience
Skills, Abilities & Expertise:
- Ability to apply critical thinking to evaluate information and make appropriate decisions or recommendations
- Ability to foster collaboration and respect among team members
- Ability to establish effective routines for excellent communication with all members of the team to maximize productivity
- Verbal communication skills to translate information into easily understood terms, summarize information, and provide a rationale for action
- Ability to provide guidance to assist others in solving complex problems
- Ability to work in a manner that models best practices in confidentiality standards
- Ability to maintain a positive, outgoing attitude with genuine customer service orientation
- Ability to apply regulations or professional standards to own work
- Genuine enthusiasm and a passion for the profession
- Ability to interact professionally with students, staff, faculty, and patients
- Ability to adhere to legislated safety requirements and Western safety policies
- Reliable with the consistent ability to work assigned shifts is paramount
- Ability to work within a flexible schedule to accommodate clinic needs
* This position will be filled by reappointment.