By using the site, you consent to the use of these cookies.
to learn more.
HEALTH INFORMATION PROCESSING CLERK
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Apply for Job
:HEALTH INFORMATION PROCESSING CLERK
:PENTICTON REGIONAL HSPTL
Penticton Regional Hospital is looking for a Casual Health Information Processing Clerk to join their team! Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 55 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Proof of completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
• Certificates/Diplomas/Transcripts must be from accredited Schools/Colleges/Universities.
This position performs clerical duties relating to preparation, maintenance and storage of patient information in paper and electronic form, secretarial duties for Managers and Physicians and quantitative analysis, such as:
• Conduct quantitative analysis to ensure accuracy of patient records;
• Monitors and maintains an electronic tracking system for deficient patient charts;
• Types a variety of technical and non-technical material for Managers and Physicians - memos, correspondence, medical reports, minutes or notes at departmental or committee meetings;
• Retrieves, organizes and files patient records, reports, and other documents;
• Answers inquiries regarding patient information in accordance with legislative statutes, IHA and established policies, procedures and guidelines for Release of Information;
• Data entry functions for a variety of clinical registries and/or databases;
• Assists physicians in completing patient documentation by performing quantitative analysis;
• Reception duties - answers telephone, transfers calls, takes messages or answers routine enquiries. Receives visitors, provides information and directs to appropriate areas. Sorts and distributes mail (paper and electronic).
Hours of work: Monday to Friday – 07:00 to 15:00, 07:30 to 15:30, 08:00 to 16:00.
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Terminology course, Plus
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 55 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 55 wpm
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing
• Ability to deal with others effectively
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Browse All Jobs by Category
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (98)
Dental Assistant (449)
Dental Hygienist / Dental Therapist (169)
Dietitian and Nutritionist (71)
Directors and Managers (394)
Healthcare Aide (1279)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (2276)
Massage Therapist (680)
Medical Office Assistant (MOA) (945)
Medical Technologist and Technician (747)
Medical Transcriptionist (28)
Mental Health (2)
Nurse Practitioner (NP) (936)
Occupational Therapist (1090)
Other Healthcare Jobs (1949)
Pharmacy Technician (2314)
Physician Assistant (478)
Physicians and Surgeons (4012)
Physiotherapist / Physical Therapist (1095)
Practitioners Of Natural Healing (14)
Public Health Professional (0)
Registered Nurse (RN) (19837)
Research and Innovation (0)
Respiratory Therapist (656)
Social / Community Worker (578)
Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist (46)
Speech-Language Pathologist (1113)
Therapy and Assessment (707)
Veterinary Professionals (295)
Employers & Network Partners
© 2020 HealthJobHub LTD. All Rights Reserved.