Lactation Consultant, Registered Nurse
Women's and Children's Program
Days/Weekends Schedule; 8 hour shifts (subject to change)
LAKERIDGE HEALTH OSHAWA
SALARY: $33.23 - $47.57 per hour
This position is open to ONA staff throughout Lakeridge Health commencing April 7, 2020 and closing at 11:59 p.m.on April 14, 2020.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Provides breastfeeding information and support based on individualized needs and prescribed medical treatment for both in-patients and out-patients. Participates in the development and implementation of nursing and patient education programs specific to lactation and in support of the Baby Friendly Initiative. Uses nursing process in providing patient care. Participates as a member of the interprofessional Health Care Team. Maintains competence and professionalism relevant to current practice. Facilitates outpatient groups. Assists in the implementation of the Baby Friendly Initiative. Supports quality improvement strategies with respect to lactation.
* Registration with the College of Nurses of Ontario (in good standings);
* Current BCLS certificate;
* Current NRP required;
* BScN or other relevant Health related Nursing degree, preferred;
* IBCLC certified with evidence of ongoing maintenance of certification;
* Demonstrated sound knowledge and application of nursing skills as listed in the CNO "Standards of Nursing Practice";
* Proven recent and related nursing experience in Lactation in the Maternal Child Program;
* Demonstrated evidence of continuing education and demonstrated sound knowledge in nursing practice specific to lactation and maternal/infant clinical assessment;
* Demonstrated strong organizational, interpersonal, problem-solving and teaching skills;
* Proven effective written and verbal communication skills;
* Proven strong decision making and conflict resolution skills;
* Demonstrated ability to prioritize and complete assignments in a reasonable length of time;
* Demonstrated ability to assume a leadership role;
* Must have satisfactory performance record;
* Demonstrated commitment to our core values of Inclusion, Compassion, Innovation, Teamwork and Joy;
* Understanding of and commitment to Lakeridge Health's comprehensive safety programs and practices including staff, patient and environmental safety and participation in regular in-service education in this area; and,
* Proven good attendance with the capability of maintaining the same standard.
CONDITIONS OF EMPLOYMENT:
The terms and conditions of employment are in accordance with the Collective Agreement between the Hospital and the Ontario Nurses Association (RN Bargaining Unit Local 051).
Accommodation will be provided in all parts of the recruitment and assessment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). Applicants need to make their needs known in advance.
At Lakeridge Health we value inclusion and diversity. We are committed to fostering a culture that is respectful, inclusive and accessible and to employing a workforce that is representative of the diverse community we provide services to. As an equal opportunity employer we welcome applications from all qualified applicants.