By using the site, you consent to the use of these cookies.
to learn more.
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Apply for Job
:KELOWNA GENERAL HOSPITAL
:PERMANENT FULL TIME
Do you have front-line clerical experience and wish to work at the leading edge of healthcare to maximize your skills and be part of a dynamic team?
Interior Health is seeking a Permanent Full Time Medical Transcriptionist. The position transcribes, interprets and edits dictation for multiple clinical disciplines and diagnostic departments and performs related clerical duties. Apply Today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 60 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Your Medical Transcription Certificate
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to work in which worksite(s), to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
Typical Duties Include:
• Ensures content, grammar, punctuation and format are correct by clarifying inconsistencies;
• Performs basic trouble-shooting for dictation/transcription/speech recognition software systems ;
• Assists physician inquiries regarding use of dictation equipment, status of jobs, or Stat dictation;
• Performs a variety of clerical duties: booking appointments; answering telephones; maintaining files and records; assembling charts;
• Carries out assigned workload, maintaining turnaround times as per department standards and guidelines;
• Responds to inquiries for patient information;
• Compiles, prints, and distributes statistical reports.
Hours of work: Rotating Days, evenings – 07:00 to 15:00, 08:00 to 16:00, 16:00 to 23:59
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces....Be part of a dynamic team!
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Medical Transcriptionist Certificate from an approved program, plus
• One year's recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test at 60 wpm dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 60 wpm.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work
• Ability to operate related equipment
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Browse All Jobs by Category
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (98)
Dental Assistant (449)
Dental Hygienist / Dental Therapist (169)
Dietitian and Nutritionist (71)
Directors and Managers (394)
Healthcare Aide (1279)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (2276)
Massage Therapist (680)
Medical Office Assistant (MOA) (945)
Medical Technologist and Technician (747)
Medical Transcriptionist (28)
Mental Health (2)
Nurse Practitioner (NP) (936)
Occupational Therapist (1090)
Other Healthcare Jobs (1949)
Pharmacy Technician (2314)
Physician Assistant (478)
Physicians and Surgeons (4012)
Physiotherapist / Physical Therapist (1095)
Practitioners Of Natural Healing (14)
Public Health Professional (0)
Registered Nurse (RN) (19837)
Research and Innovation (0)
Respiratory Therapist (656)
Social / Community Worker (578)
Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist (46)
Speech-Language Pathologist (1113)
Therapy and Assessment (707)
Veterinary Professionals (295)
Employers & Network Partners
© 2020 HealthJobHub LTD. All Rights Reserved.