Part Time Community Occupational TherapistShare Part Time Community Occupational Therapist
The Occupational Therapist (OT), under the direction of the Manager of Rehabilitation, is responsible for completing professional activities that include: assessment, treatment, report writing, communication with health care team and referral sources, team meetings and overall management of caseload. Areas of practice include MVA, WSIB and Private services. Occupational Therapy services are carried out in client's homes, communities and worksites.
• Responsible for completing OT In Home Assessments, Attendant Care Assessments, Worksite Assessments, Ergonomic Assessments, Cognitive assessments, Home Safety and Accessibility Assessments and Mobility Assessments.
• Responsible for developing and implementing comprehensive treatment programs.
• Responsible for delegating, training and supervising OT/Rehab Assistants when appropriate.
• Responsible for maintaining accurate clinical records and completing comprehensive reports which include assessment results, client goals, treatment plan and client progress with treatment according to standards set by College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
• Collaborates with other members of the health team and referral sources as needed.
• Registered and in good standing with College of Occupational Therapists of Ontario.
• Participates in ongoing internal and/or external education activities
• Adheres to Bayshore Therapy & Rehab Policies and Procedures
• Participates in quality activities and continuous improvement initiatives in keeping with the company's Quality Management System
• Participates in proactive Health & Safety activities while performing all duties. Responsible to notify immediate Supervisor of any Health & Safety risks or concerns.
• Maintains confidentiality of client and corporate information and discusses same only with appropriate Bayshore personnel
• Completes other tasks as requested
Bachelor/Masters Degree in Occupational Therapy.
Experience: Preference of at least two years providing Occupational Therapy in the automobile insurance sector. Experience with hospital discharge planning, medical legal report writing and Future Care Cost Assessments is an asset. Other skills such as Functional Abilities Evaluations (WorkWell), PGAP and experience with Acquired Brain Injury and Spinal Cord Injury also an asset.