Physician Assistant - Hospitalist - New Orleans
Physician Assistant (PA)
New Orleans, Louisiana
The city of New Orleans is located on the Mississippi River near the Gulf of Mexico. With a population of nearly 400,000 people, "The Big Easy" is the largest city in Louisiana. A low unemployment rate and unique historic charm make it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - New Orleans job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
We are seeking a Physician Assistant to work with one of our clients in a hospital setting. You'll see patients for a variety of needs.
Physician Assistant - Hospitalist - PA - Responsibilities:
- Complete rounding, admits, and consultation for co-management of surgical patients as requested. Overnight provider is also expected to provide telephone coverage.
- Provider is expected to be competent in the management of inpatients including children, healthy newborns, adults and co-management of critically ill adults with a Physician.
- Collaborate with local hospitalist Physician, and local ER Physician who is present on-site 24 hours/day.
Physician Assistant - Hospitalist - PA - Qualifications
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- BC/BE through NCCPA
- Licensed or ability to obtain a PA license with prescriptive authority through the Board
- Ability to obtain and/or maintain DEA certification
- Meet threshold criteria/qualifications for Credentialing and Privileges