Physician Assistant - On-Site Care - Tucson
Physician Assistant (PA)
On-Site Primary Care
Tucson is located in Pima County, Arizona, with a population of over 520,000. The broader metro region is home over 980,000 residents. Its low unemployment rate make it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Tucson job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Our team is recruiting a Physician Assistant for an opportunity with an exceptional healthcare organization. The ideal PA candidate will hold a current unrestricted Physician Assistant state license and preferably possess at least 2 years of full-time experience as a physician assistant in a similar practice area.
Physician Assistant On-Site Primary Care Responsibilities:
- Responsible for providing care to patients throughout their life cycles (prenatal, pediatric, adolescent, adult, and geriatric).
- Emphasize wellness promotion, illness prevention, care of acute minor illnesses and stable chronic illnesses for all life cycles.
- Provide health maintenance exams with appropriate patient education for all age groups, including well child exams, adolescent exams and sports physicals, and adult physicals; including pap and pelvic exams.
- Perform system examination of patients with specific acute complaints or stable chronic illnesses, initiate treatment for identified conditions according to written protocol, and work closely with clinic physicians in referring patients with significant abnormal findings.
- Provide patient education that is age and condition appropriate. Education can be done 1:1 or in a group, including parenting, prenatal, family planning, preventive health, and disease specific (e.g. diabetes, hypertension, asthma).
Physician Assistant On-Site Primary Care Requirements:
- Master's degree or higher in physician assistant studies from an accredited program
- Minimum 2 years of full-time experience as a physician assistant
- Certification as a Physician Assistant
- Knowledge of clinical standards of care