Physician Assistant - Psychiatry / Mental Health - Des Moines
Physician Assistant (PA)
Psychiatry / Mental Health
Des Moines, Iowa
The city of Des Moines is the state capital and largest city in Iowa, with a population of over 200,000 - and part of a five-county metro area that is home to over 630,000 people. A low unemployment rate make it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Des Moines job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is recruiting a physician assistant interested in exploring their passion for serving in the field of psychiatry!
Physician Assistant - Psychiatry / Mental Health Responsibilities:
- Manages patient treatment plan in conjunction with the team. Initiates treatment via orders, prescriptions, diagnostic tests, exams and procedures.
- Provides follow up psychiatric consultation for inpatient mental health cases as well as medical/surgical consultative cases in the house.
- Provides mental health assessment for patients in collaboration with the treating psychiatrist and team.
- Under the general direction of a psychiatrist, will evaluate for psychotropic medication administration and management.
- Will conduct and document follow up and discharge management for hospitalized patients.
- Provides counseling, education and referral for ongoing treatment or follow up care.
- Obtains patient history and documents the mental health assessment in collaboration with the treating psychiatrist.
- Functions in a calm manner during stressful, emergency or crisis situations.
Physician Assistant - Psychiatry / Mental Health Qualifications:
- Graduate of an accredited Physician Assistant program
- Current Physician Assistant License from the state, in good standing
- Minimum of 1 year experience with strong clinical skills and experience in mental health or psychiatry