Full-time position with competitive wages and excellent benefit package.
JOB KNOWLEDGE AND ROLE RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Responsible for completing all initial, change of condition, annual and quarterly nutritional assessments, plus the MDS and Care Plan per regulation and company policy and procedure.
2. Interviews patients and/or family members to obtain diet history.
3. Reviews the dietary requirements of each patient admitted to the facility, as may be required, and assists the attending physician in planning for the patient's prescribed diet plan.
4. Assists Food Service Director in implementing and interpreting department policies and procedures.
5. Reviews and edits menus as prescribed by the Diet Manual.
6. Writes and approves all therapeutic diets not defined on the cycle menu for which there are physician orders, instructs the staff on proper service of diets.
7. Visits patients periodically to evaluate the excellence of meals served, likes and dislikes, etc.
8. Monitors appropriate ordering of supplements, nourishments, snacks, and meals with the input of dietary, nursing, and therapy departments.
9. Documents on High Risk patients monthly, i.e. significant weight losses, tube feeders, dialysis and wounds.
SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS:
1. Completion of a BS, BSHE, or BSCS as well as an internship. AP4 or equivalent thereof.
2. Successful passing of the Registration Examination for Dieticians and have current registration I.D. # through the ADA Commission on Dietician Registration.
3. Possesses a valid license or certification as mandated by the state where employed.
4. Ability to communicate effectively in English through verbal and written means.