Registered Nurse - Infusion - Charlotte
Registered Nurse (RN)
Charlotte, North Carolina
Charlotte is the largest city in North Carolina. The greater Charlotte metro area has a population of over 2.6 million people. It's one of the country's fastest-growing regions, with a low unemployment rate, making it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Charlotte job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
On Time Talent Solutions is recruiting Registered Nurses in the area who are interested in working in an infusion role.
Registered Nurse - Infusion - RN Responsibilities:
- Assesses care needs of patients and families utilizing the nursing process; determines nursing diagnosis focused on care and identifies patient outcomes; develops patient care plan; implements and continuously evaluates the care plan; ensures patients are discharged with resolved educational needs.
- Partners with patients, families, peers, and other care providers to deliver continuity of patient care.
- Recognizes Cardiac, Respiratory, Neurologic, Renal, Endocrine, and GI/GU risk factors, monitors for changes in a critical patient status, and seeks out the appropriate interventions by collaborating with ancillary departments and care team members to meet the needs of the patient.
- Initiates and monitors high risk medications (continuous infusions, bolus, IV push, and titrations). This includes the monitoring of hemodynamics/vital signs, the patients' response to treatment, and laboratory results.
- Manages the set-up, equipment/tubing changing and discontinuation of hemodynamic lines including: Central Lines/CVP, Arterial Lines, and/or a Pulmonary Artery Catheter.
- Identifies and provides treatment (antidote if applicable) for an IV Extravasation and for Central Line occlusions.
Registered Nurse - Infusion - RN Qualifications:
- Associates degree in nursing; Bachelor's degree in nursing is preferred.
- Minimum of one year RN experience in a hospital setting preferred.
- Demonstrated ability to maintain composure in high stress situations, acts quickly in response to critical situations.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with conflict in a positive manner
- Strong communication skills with demonstrated ability to express ideas and information clearly and concisely in a manner appropriate to the audience.
- Must be able to read, write and speak effectively in English.