Registered Nurse - Operating Room - Tucson
Tucson is located in Pima County, Arizona, with a population of over 520,000. The broader metro region is home over 980,000 residents. Its low unemployment rate make it an ideal location for talented healthcare professionals. Whether you prefer to work in a hospital, clinic, home care or senior housing setting - Tucson job opportunities in healthcare are abundant.
Operating Room Nurses care for patients before, during and after surgery. They work alongside surgical teams and act as a liaison between them and the patient's family. OR nurses also equip patients and their families for postoperative care.
Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room Responsibilities:
- Implements protective measures prior to operative or invasive procedure.
- Implements protective measures to prevent skin or tissue injury due to thermal, mechanical, electrical and chemical sources.
- Uses supplies and equipment within safe parameters.
- Administers prescribed medications and solutions.
- Provides for safe patient transfer
- Applies principles of aseptic technique
- Establishes and maintains sterile fields
- Performs skin preparations
- Administers care to wound site
- Demonstrates knowledge of sterilization methods
- Implements, monitors and evaluates thermoregulation measures
- Serves as scrub person during operative procedures
Registered Nurse (RN) Operating Room Qualifications:
- One year recent OR/RN circulating experience in a multi-specialty setting
- Graduate of an accredited nursing program
- CNOR - preferred
- RN License
- STRONGLY PREFER BSN