REGISTERED RESPIRATORY THERAPIST
Registered Respiratory TherapistPermanent, Full-time/Part-time Position(s)There's never been a better time to join Mackenzie Health! As we prepare to open our state-of-the-art Mackenzie Vaughan Hospital, and continue to operate Mackenzie Richmond Hill Hospital, we have many opportunities available for Registered Respirtatory Therapists who share our commitment to quality, patient-centred care. Ultimately, this is where you want to be.The Registered Respiratory Therapist at Mackenzie Health plays an essential role in providing quality and patient/family centered care. The Registered Respiratory Therapist is responsible for monitoring, assessment, providing treatment and education of cardio-respiratory and associated disorders to all areas of the hospital. Other responsibilities include performing diagnostic and therapeutic procedures including arterial line insertions, adult and neonatal intubations, LMA Insertions and tracheostomy tube changes. Working independently and collaboratively as part of the interprofessional care team, you'll contribute to creating a world-class health experience for patients and their families, by demonstrating professionalism at every turn, upholding our values of excellence, leadership and empathy, and exemplifying our Commitment to Caring.Contribute to safe, quality care by
• Managing a workload effectively in a fast-paced environment.
• Addressing and resolving issues in a productive, respectful manner.
• Exercising sound professional judgment and using best practice guidelines.
• Contributing to a safe, inclusive environment for all through compliance with patient and staff safety policies and procedures.What must you have?
• Current registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario as a Registered Respiratory Therapist or eligible to be hired as a Graduate Respiratory Therapist until successful completion of registration with the College of Respiratory Therapists of Ontario as a Registered Respiratory Therapist within six (6) months from date of hire.
• Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) Certificate to be completed within six (6) months from date of hire.What else do you bring?
• Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
• Ability to work independently and as part of the inter-professional team.
• Computer literacy in Windows.
• Proven attendance record.
• Demonstrates understanding and complies with patient and staff safety policies and procedures that foster a safe and inclusive environment for all.
• Ability to perform the essential duties of the job.
• Effectively uses empathy in interactions with others.
• Demonstrates behaviours consistent with Mackenzie Health's Commitment to Caring and values Excellence, Leadership and Empathy.
• Commitment to providing an exceptional experience for staff and clients within a challenging and exciting health care environment.Preferably, your profile also includes:
• Member in good standing of C.S.R.T and R.T.S.O.
• Paediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) Certificate and Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Certificate.
• A minimum of one year working experience in an acute healthcare setting.
• NICU and Labour & Delivery experience.
• Ability to speak a second language.*You may be required to work at any site of Mackenzie HealthMackenzie Health is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer committed to providing accommodations for applicants upon request at any stage of the recruitment process in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA) and the Ontario Human Rights Code.