Employment type: River - Seasonal Contract
Rotation: 15 Weeks Onboard / 4 Weeks Vacation
Pension Scheme: As per Maltese Social security contribution paid by the company
Medical Insurance: As per Maltese Social security contribution paid by the cruise line
- Be fully knowledgeable and up-to-date on all beauty, nail, body and massage products and treatments and be able to adapt their use and application, according to the guest's individual needs.
- Provide prompt, courteous and accurate service to guests from the start to the finish of the spa experience, as per the Spa Manual and SOP Manual.
- Be confident in working with the Consultation Form and able to adjust and deliver all treatments according to the information provided by the guest.
- Actively support the spa operation in reaching its retail goals.
Responsible for assigned treatment room/hairdressing salon and to keep the assigned area clean, neat and tidy at all times.
- Perform reception duties as and when required.
- Accurately do spa reservations, cancellations, re-scheduling, billing and re-funds.
- Regularly update and monitor the booking and appointment system to ensure maximum productivity.
- Meet Guests in a professional manner, to provide them with prompt, courteous and friendly service in the assigned area of responsibility.
- Provide a six-star service and to deal with Guests complaints in an efficient and timely manner.
- Do additional duties in other departments such as, but not limited to gangway duties, tour escorting, storing, luggage, front office etc.
• Reimbursement of Medical expenses
• Paid uniform (not including shoes)
• Travel allowance
• Social Security coverage
• Two (2) persons in one cabin, sharing bathroom with one (1) other cabin
• Free WIFI- access
• Crew Mess
• Free Crew Laundry
• Crew Sun Deck
• Crew Gym- access to Guest Gym on board (certain hours)
Required qualifications, skills and experience
- Minimum of two (2) years' experience within the Spa or Resort Industry, onboard a cruise ship or similar operation ashore.
- Certified massage & body therapist with excellent practical techniques and skills.
- Certified beautician, including facial treatments and tinting of lashes/brows.
- Certified manicure and pedicure (only onboard Crystal Mozart).
- Must be fluent in written and spoken English.
- Thorough knowledge of the anatomy and physiology of the skin and body.
- The ability to adapt to a new product line and signature services through intense training.
- Excellent interpersonal and public communication skills.
- Basic accounting skills.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Must be able to remain calm under pressure.