By using the site, you consent to the use of these cookies.
to learn more.
SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR / REGISTRATION CLERK
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Apply for Job
:SWITCHBOARD OPERATOR / REGISTRATION CLERK
:KOOTENAY LAKE REGNL HSPTL
Kootenay Lake Regional Hospital in Trail, BC is looking for a Casual Switchboard Operator / Registration Clerk. Apply today!
When you apply, please ensure you include the following documentation for your application to be considered:
• A current Typing Test 45 wpm or greater completed within past 48 months from a recognized institution, (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED);
• Certificate or Official Transcript showing Proof of Completion of a Medical Terminology Course;
• Your Resume indicating one year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience;
• A Cover Letter stating your availability to start in a new position and on-call, casual work (i.e. days of the week);
This position performs a variety of switchboard, registration and cashier duties, such as:
• Operates switchboard and public address system and other paging device systems;
• Receives and directs patients and visitors;
• Responds to and monitors hospital alarms and emergency codes;
• Maintains physician on-call/vacation lists and other hospital staff;
• Patient registration;
• Admitting clerical duties with bed booking options;
• Cashier duties - receiving payments; recording payments in cash journals and/or summary sheets; and issuing change and receipts;
• Receives, checks and deposits patient valuables for safekeeping.
Hours of work: Rotating, Days, Evenings – 06:45 to 14:45, 13:00 to 21:00, 06:45 to 13:00, 14:30 to 21:00
This is a Casual opportunity. Casual means there are no guaranteed hours and work requirements can vary from 0 - 37.5 hours per week.
Make a difference. Love your work. Apply today!
Interior Health strives to create an environment where you enjoy the work you do, the place where you work, and the people around you. Everyone plays a role in the care continuum. Together, we create great workplaces. Be part of a dynamic team!
Come and join us! Our focus is on giving people room to grow, to make an impact in the lives of others.
Education, Training and Experience:
• Grade 12,
• Two year’s recent related experience, Or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
• Completion of a Typing Test 45 wpm or greater, dated within the past 48 months and must be issued from a valid institution only. (ON-LINE TESTS NOT ACCEPTED)
Skills and Abilities:
• Ability to keyboard at 45 w.p.m.
• Knowledge of medical terminology
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to deal with others effectively.
• Ability to physically carry out the duties of the position.
• Ability to organize work.
• Ability to operate related equipment.
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Browse All Jobs by Category
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (88)
Dental Assistant (447)
Dental Hygienist / Dental Therapist (178)
Dietitian and Nutritionist (72)
Directors and Managers (405)
Healthcare Aide (1264)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (2253)
Massage Therapist (635)
Medical Office Assistant (MOA) (932)
Medical Technologist and Technician (739)
Medical Transcriptionist (27)
Mental Health (2)
Nurse Practitioner (NP) (889)
Occupational Therapist (1074)
Other Healthcare Jobs (1912)
Pharmacy Technician (2251)
Physician Assistant (465)
Physicians and Surgeons (4117)
Physiotherapist / Physical Therapist (1091)
Practitioners Of Natural Healing (12)
Public Health Professional (0)
Registered Nurse (RN) (19458)
Research and Innovation (0)
Respiratory Therapist (695)
Social / Community Worker (558)
Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist (46)
Speech-Language Pathologist (1374)
Therapy and Assessment (681)
Veterinary Professionals (293)
Employers & Network Partners
© 2020 HealthJobHub LTD. All Rights Reserved.