Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Booking Clerk/Secretary to join the team at UBC Hospital to support the Ambulatory Care Clinics as we transition to the new CST Cerner System.
As a Booking Clerk/Secretary, you will provide scheduling/booking, clerical and reception functions for the Ambulatory Care Clinics at UBC Hospital. Your duties may include:
- Scheduling and booking a variety of client/patient appointments and follow up visits, tests and referrals, maintaining appointment calendars for all designated physicians and/or other designated health care professionals, maintaining and printing daily schedules that integrate activities from various sites as needed, rearranging schedules to meet changing demands/requests and preparing and confirming client/patient information.
- Maintaining client/patient charts, entering data into a computerized system, and updating statistics on client/patient attendance.
- Arranging for patient transportation.
- Providing clerical functions that include typing technical and non-technical materials proficiently utilizing a variety of computer software applications such as word processing, spreadsheet, database and presentation software.
- Providing reception services by greeting clients/patients and others and directing them to appropriate areas and/or responding to general inquiries.
- Answering and responding to phone messages or forwarding callers to appropriate health care professional or other personnel.
- Maintaining departmental equipment, supplies and filing systems.
- Performing timekeeping functions for designated staff as required.
About the The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project
The Clinical & Systems Transformation (CST) Project is one of the largest health care projects in British Columbia's history. It is a joint undertaking between Vancouver Coastal Health, the Provincial Health Services Authority and Providence Health Care to complete a significant transformation of clinical practices and systems. This is an exciting initiative that will deliver key benefits for our patients, health care providers and health organizations.
The Booking Clerk/ Secretary may be required to work at multiple ambulatory clinics, provide support for CST Cerner implementation, as well as provide peer support upon implementation.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, two year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Knowledge of medical terminology.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to organize work.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to keyboard at 40 w.p.m.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
Please note there are 10 vacancies total.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.