Come work as a Care Aide with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) in Long Term Care in response to the COVID-19 outbreak.
Thank you for your commitment as a health care professional. In these unprecedented and challenging times, it is now, more than ever, that we need to come together to support each other and the people we serve. Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Care Aides and Health Care Assistants to support teams across the organization in COVID – 19 specific units and general care. We need you - apply today to join our team!
We are currently looking for Care Aides to join the teams at the following Long Term Care Homes:
- Minoru Residence - Richmond, BC
- Richmond Lions Manor - Richmond, BC
- Hilltop House & Hospice - Squamish, BC
- Evergreen House - North Vancouver, BC
- Berkley Care Centre - North Vancouver, BC
- Cedarview Lodge - North Vancouver, BC
- Banfield Pavilion - Vancouver, BC
- Dogwood Lodge - Vancouver, BC
- George Pearson Centre - Vancouver, BC
- Purdy Pavilions - Vancouver, BC
As a Care Aide at Vancouver Coastal Health you will make your impact by:
- Assisting in the delivery of client care. You will do this while working under the functional direction of a Registered Nurse or other designate and in cooperation with interdisciplinary team members.
- Providing personal care to patients while following established care plans. This may include bathing, grooming, dressing, assisting with meals and oral hygiene and performing nursing care duties as applicable.
- Responding to call bells/alarms.
- Observing and monitoring clients’ progress, symptoms and behavioural changes and reporting/recording significant observations.
- Utilizing mechanical aides such as specialty beds, wheelchairs and stretchers to transport clients and provide assistance with lifting and/or transferring of clients following established lifting/safety techniques.
- Maintaining a clean and safe environment for clients and staff.
WHO WE ARE
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.