Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinic Nurse to join its team at the Supervised Injection Site in the Downtown Eastside. As a Clinic Nurse at the Supervised Injection Site you will:
- Provide on-going health care in a multi-disciplinary clinic setting to clients of all ages with a variety of acute and chronic illnesses/diseases, including communicable diseases, addictions and general health issues.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in client-centered care and education.35.53
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Training in community health nursing, plus 2 years’ recent acute care or community health nursing experience in a clinic setting, working with marginalized youth and clients, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Working knowledge of community health nursing theory and practice within a client/family -centered approach.
- Working knowledge of the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM) standards of practice for nursing.
- Working knowledge of theory and established practices and procedures of professional nursing care for acutely, chronically and terminally ill clients.
- Working knowledge of facilitation, mediation, and conflict resolution techniques, and demonstrated analytical and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated case management, teaching/training, clinical support and consultation skills.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.