Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the team at the Minoru Residence long term care facility as a Clinical Educator in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Clinical Educator you will:
- Provide complete clinical education services including coaching/mentoring, staff development, planning, implementing and evaluating of clinical education programs using advanced theory and knowledge of content area and teaching and learning principles and processes.
- Consult, confer and collaborate with other clinical educators, Clinical Nurse Specialists, Practice Leaders, other health care provides as well as members of the long term care/seniors program in the resolution of educational issues, introduction of evidence-based protocols, promotion of continuous quality improvement and in coordinating activities required for each educational assignment.
- Participate in strategic planning and assist in achieving team goals.
- Measure performance and take corrective action with respect to group and individual learning needs.
Education & Experience
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP).
Three (3) years' recent, related nursing experience related gerontology, including two years’ experience in client education and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid Driver's License to operate a vehicle within B.C. Local area travel may require the use of a personal vehicle
Knowledge & Abilities
Comprehensive knowledge of clinical practice related to assigned clinical area.
Comprehensive skill and expertise in gerontological and long term care care and issues.
Knowledge of hospital policies, procedures, and standards of care.
knowledge of, and ability to, apply relevant quality improvement methodologies.
Knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in patient care.
Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, facilitate and coach.
Demonstrated ability to facilitate the development of critical thinking and clinical decision making skills in others.
Demonstrated ability to develop educational programs and material.
Demonstrated ability to effectively apply teaching/learning strategies that complement identified clinical and quality initiatives.
Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, physicians, and other health care staff, either one-on-one or in groups.
Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
Demonstrated ability to function as a team member, leader and facilitator.
Demonstrated ability to provide leadership to customers and to enable an empowered and self-directed environment.
Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
Demonstrated ability to provide effective consultation.
Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
Ability and skill to operate related equipment, and in techniques appropriate to assigned clinical area.
Physical ability to perform the duties and responsibilities of the position.
Employs advanced expertise in the use of current computer applications to create and maintain a variety of client care information systems (such as PARIS), databases, documents and presentations and various educational technologies.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.