Come work as a Clinical Operations Supervisor with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Nurse to join the Overdose Outreach Team, Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
Within the context of a client and family-centered model and in accordance with the established vision and values of the organization, the Regional Overdose Outreach Team (OOT) is an interdisciplinary team providing navigational, care coordination and case management support for people who use substances to facilitate access to opioid agonist/stimulant/alcohol treatment and related therapies in addition to other relevant support services
As a Clinical Operations Supervisor with VCH you will:
- Administrates/oversees and provides supervision to designated staff and team professionals including continuous communications, conflict resolution, performance recognition, coaching, performance management, safe work and resident transfer practices, workload and staffing issues.
- Conducts Attendance Wellness Promotion (AWP), Respectful Workplace, accommodation and other meetings in conjunction with an HR Advisor.
- Recruits, hires, selects, mentors and retains staff.
- Oversees all aspects of care delivery and daily activities of designated programs/areas.
- Liaises with key stakeholders on the achievement of quality indicators and program goals and objectives.
- Ensures a high standard of care while promoting interdisciplinary practice and ensuring a safe environment for staff and residents.
- Supports Quality patient/client care through a patient/client/family centered care model in accordance with established standards of professional practice and the vision and values of the organization.
About The Overdose Outreach Team:
Our team of outreach and social workers and peers provide connections for people who have recently experienced opioid overdose and/or are at high risk for opioid overdose to substance use care and support.
We help clients with:
- Navigation to appropriate services (e.g., primary care, detox, treatment, etc.)
- Support in accessing Opioid Agonist Therapy (OAT) (e.g., methadone, suboxone, iOAT, etc.)
- Overdose prevention education
The Overdose Outreach Team does not provide long-term case management services. However, we will support clients in accessing the long term supports as need.
Education & Experience
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Baccalaureate in Nursing. Five (5) years recent related experience in an appropriate area of clinical practice within a large complex health organization.
- Strong facilitation, conflict management and resolution skills that include three (3) years supervisory leadership experience or equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Experience using a variety of software applications including presentation, word processing, spreadsheet and databases.