Come work as a Clinical Resource Nurse - Mental Health and Substance Use with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Clinical Resource Nurse to join the Intensive Case Management team at Heiltsuk Hospital in Bella Bella, BC. Apply today to join our team!
If you are looking to relocate, short term temporary housing may be available along with access to Talent Acquisition's relocation program, including support from the relocation specialist to find a permanent residence and potential reimbursement. Hybrid work schedules may be available (including both on side & remote) as applicable (with existing VCH policies and collectice agreement requirements), where a rotation can be discussed, as well as travel, transport & housing options.
As a Clinical Resource Nurse - Mental Health and Substance Use with VCH you will:
- Act as a clinical resource by providing consultation and clinical support to the interdisciplinary care team, other professionals and students for the clinical area.
- Role models evidence informed best practices to support staff in achieving best client outcomes through in the moment education.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
- Work collaboratively across multiple sites, clinics, and services within an integrated health service delivery model and interdisciplinary care team that includes primary care, mental health and substance use, outreach based and home based services, private General Practitioner (GP) partners, and other community care services.
- Establish, maintain, and enhance therapeutic relationships based on respect.
ABOUT BELLA BELLA, BC
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community off the central coast of British Columbia, 690 km north of Vancouver. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets and old growth forest. It is home to salmon, orcas, humpbacks, bald eagles and the other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
The Heiltsuk Hospital in Bella Bella has 7 acute beds, 7 long term care beds and a 4-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging services. It offers telehealth services as well as speciality clinics. Heiltsuk Hospital also has an Intensive Case Management team for mental health and substance use. There is a medical clinic and a pharmacy located in the hospital. The healthcare team consists of Physicians, RNs, LPNs, PCAs, Laboratory and Radiology Technologists, Combined Lab/X-Ray Technologists, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistants, and Support Services Personnel.
Heiltsuk Hospital is located on the traditional territories of the Heiltsuk Nation. It is one of the only provincial hospitals located on a reserve in all of Canada.
For more information, please refer to this link: https://www.canada.ca/en/revenue-agency/services/aboriginal-peoples/information-indians.html#hdng2