Come work as a Clinical Resource Educator Nurse with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)! Relocation Assistance may be available.
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Registered Psychiatric Nurse OR Registered Nurse to join Adult Mental Health team in Powell River, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Clinical Resource/Educator Nurse, you will:
- Assess team learning needs by observing care provision and other activities.
- Provide consultation and education to nursing staff, team members and students using advanced theory and knowledge of content area and teaching and learning principles/processes.
- Evaluate the effectiveness and appropriateness of educational programs, activities and resources.
- Consult, confer, and collaborate with multidisciplinary team members, physicians, educational resources and other health care professionals to achieve excellence in client-centred education and research.
- Assist the Director with related administrative activities.
Relocation Assistance may be available. Nurses may be eligible for Provincial and Federal student loan forgiveness.
For more information please visit https://www.canada.ca/en/services/benefits/education/student-aid/grants-loans/repay/assistance/doctors-nurses/eligibility.html and https://studentaidbc.ca/repay/repayment-help/bc-loan-forgiveness-program.
ABOUT POWELL RIVER, BC
On the Sunshine Coast of British Columbia, where endless green mountains meet sheltered Pacific Ocean waters, Powell River provides a stimulating blend of outdoor adventure and cultural amenities. Originally founded as a resource extraction centre - once home to the world's largest pulp and paper mill - Powell River now offers adventurers countless opportunities for kayaking, canoeing, rock climbing, golfing, boating, hiking, biking, fishing, and scuba diving. This area is host to world-class art galleries, tremendous dining opportunities, and memorable events and festivals.
On the doorstep of both Vancouver and Vancouver Island, the Powell River region offers an array of experiences for travelers of all kinds, no matter the season. Experience the legendary Sunshine Coast Trail and Powell Forest Canoe Route, rock-climb the Eldred Valley, snowshoe in the Knuckleheads; this is the adventure destination you've long been waiting for.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse or Registered Psychiatric Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Three (3) years’ recent related nursing experience in mental health and/or long term care education, as appropriate to the job, including one year’s related teaching experience and or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s License may be required as local area travel may require the use of a vehicle, and will be listed on the posting.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness, as applicable to the job.
- Knowledge of gerontology and geriatric psychiatry and nursing standards of the Canadian Gerontological Nursing Association and current practices in long term care, as applicable to the job.
- Comprehensive knowledge of nursing theory and practice within a client and family centered model of care.
- Comprehensive knowledge of evidence based nursing practice related to designated clinical area.
- Comprehensive knowledge of adult education principles, methods and tools.
- Comprehensive knowledge of other health disciplines and their role in patient/client care.
- Demonstrates ability to problem solve using sound judgment in applying critical thinking skills within safe limits of patient/client care.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and set priorities for care for a caseload of clients.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to use research and methodology in practice.
- Demonstrated ability to provide leadership, work direction and consultation.
- Demonstrated skill in facilitating groups that include professionals/patient/clients and or patient/clients/family members.
- Demonstrated ability to teach, demonstrate, coach and facilitate.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate, negotiate and deal effectively with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families, and staff of outside agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively deal with conflict resolutions.
- Demonstrated ability to adjust to new or unexpected events and set priorities.
- Demonstrated ability in conducting physical, mental, psychosocial/functional environmental assessments.
- Demonstrated skill in clinical techniques and the use of applicable equipment and supplies.
- Demonstrated skill in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use computerized patient/client care information system.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.