Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Combined Lab & X-ray Technologist (CLXT) to join the Clinical Laboratory team at R.W. Large Memorial Hospital and Bella Coola General Hospital. Apply today to join our team!
As a Combined Lab & X-Ray Technologist (CLXT) at VCH you will:
- Be responsible for the routine technological duties, maintaining standards, quality control, maintaining instruments, scheduling of patients, and everyday problem solving in both the x-ray and lab departments.
- Maintain and work within the Diagnostic Accreditation Program (DAP) standards.
ABOUT CENTRAL COAST, BC:
Bella Coola sits in a mountain valley at the head of the North Bentinck Channel, 500 km north of Vancouver, with a population of about 1800 people. The community is at the end of a long, truly magnificent fjord, on the mainland coast of British Columbia. Bella Coola General Hospital has 10 acute bed, 5 residential beds and a 3 bed emergency department open 24/7, along with a laboratory, diagnostic imaging services, Telehealth, Mental Health, Public Health, Home & Community Support Services. Also within the hospital are a medical clinic and a pharmacy.
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community off the central coast of British Columbia, 690 km north of Vancouver. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets and old growth forest. It is home to salmon, orcas, humpbacks, bald eagles and the other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
The R.W. Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella has 7 acute beds, 7 residential beds and a 4-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging services. It offers telehealth services as well as speciality clinics. R.W. Large Memorial Hospital also has an Intensive Case Management team for mental health and substance use. There is a medical clinic and a pharmacy located in the hospital. The healthcare team consists of Physicians, RNs, LPNs, PCAs, Laboratory and Radiology Technologists, Combined Lab/X-Ray Technologists, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistants, and Support Services Personnel.
R.W. Large Memorial Hospital is located on the traditional territories of the Heiltsuk Nation.
Education & Experience
- Graduated from a recognized Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Technologist/Technician Program.
- Registered CLXT with a recognized provincial professional association.
- Experience or program curriculum base instruction in transfusion medicine, or minimum 2 weeks professional development in transfusion medicine.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.