Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Registered Nurses to join various Community Health Centre Home Health teams as Community Health Nurses. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Health Nurse you will:
- Work in partnership with the client and family to establish goals that are safe, realistic, and reasonable by assessing, planning, coordinating, organizing, implementing, evaluating, and transitioning nursing and other services for the client in an interprofessional team model in collaboration with the primary care provider, and other care providers.
- Assess service eligibility, facilitate the development, implementation, and adaptation of a care plan.
- Deliver direct care, and provide care management to assist clients to manage their own care and navigate through the various services available within the community settings.
- Work in consultation with other system partners and incorporates current evidence into practice.
Should there be insufficient qualified candidates available for the above position, VCH may offer an 8-week Community Health Nurse training program (October 25 to December 17, 2021).
Education & Experience
Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
One year recent related clinical experience in a relevant clinical area working with complex clients/patients with chronic health conditions and/or functional mobility issues including recent experience in care and transition planning, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
Valid BC Driver’s License required as local area travel may require the use of a vehicle or other accepted mode of transportation.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.