Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Community Mental Health Clinician with a Master's Degree in a Behavioural Science to join the Strathcona Mental Health team at Heatley Community Health Centre. Apply today to join our team!
As a Community Mental Health Clinician, you will:
- Provide direct client care to the seriously mentally ill adult population in the community and/or in a psychiatric care unit by screening, prioritizing and processing referrals, conducting comprehensive assessments, implementing therapeutic interventions during on-going follow-up care, and consulting with the individuals' general practitioners.
- Monitor clients’ mental status and progress for possible medication side-effects and evaluate clients’ response to treatment.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, educational resources and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in health services and education.
- Participate in in-services, inter-disciplinary case conferences and team meetings, as required by the employer, and collegially share information, demonstrate and/or provide guidance on clinical/health related tasks, ensure students are aware of assignments developed by the employer and reassign clinical/health related tasks, as necessary.
- Provide outreach, rapid crisis response, and bridging to appropriate community services.
- Perform intake duties and group work, as required.
- Provide an ongoing commitment to client services and continuous improvement to ensure best practice client services and the most effective delivery of service.
Education & Experience
- Master's Degree in Behavioral Science.
- Three years post Master’s, or equivalent and relevant years of pre Master’s psychiatric experience.
- Valid B.C. driver's license. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle for which mileage reimbursement is paid
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of the principles of recovery in mental illness.
- Working knowledge of psychiatric theory and practice within a client centered approach to the adult population.
- Sound knowledge of crisis intervention and community resources.
- Demonstrated psychiatric assessment, counseling, and case co-ordination skills.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.