Education and experience:
• Bachelor degree in Nursing and member of the O.I.I.Q;
• Five (5) years of experience in service/program planning, management or supervision in a current services multidisciplinary team setting. A specialization in a relevant area is an asset.
• DEC in Nursing and member of the O.I.I.Q;
• Seven (7) years of experience in service/program planning, management or supervision in a current services multidisciplinary team setting. A specialization in a relevant area is an asset.
Knowledge and abilities:
• Good knowledge of the MSSS network, regulations and programs for General and Current Services and nursing practice in a Community Health & Social Service Center (CLSC) and Hospital Ambulatory;
• Good knowledge of and experience with acute and current nursing, health and social services in a first line community health clinic and hospital ambulatory unit, and its related theory, practice, current issues and trends, and program planning and supervision, including the development of policies and program manuals and quality assurance systems;
• Good knowledge of pre-hospital services, old age-related health care, and community health prevention and promotion approaches is an asset;
• Good knowledge of multidisciplinary team functioning and leadership;
• Ability to manage the planning and development of new services and programs;
• Knowledge of, or ability to grasp the issues and context related to First Nation health and social services;
• Knowledge of Eenou/Eeyou Miyupimaatisiiun (traditional methods) healing practices is an asset;
• Ability to apply Eenou/Eeyou culture, values, traditions and teachings into programs and services;
• Knowledge of Cree culture and language is an asset;
• Northern health care experience is an asset;
• Good interpersonal communication, clinical and community health leadership and respectful teamwork skills;
• Ability to effectively collaborate with line managers in a matrix organization;
• Excellent communication skills, both written and presentation;
• Methodical, organized, autonomous, flexible, and ability to multi-task;
• Excellent critical thinking, synthesis, organizational and decision-making skills as applied to planning;
• Good working ability with administrative computer applications, especially Office applications.
• Fluent in English;
• Fluency in Cree or French is an asset.
• Willing to travel;
• Includes on-call periods.