Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Coordinator, Regional Prevention and Public Health to join the Public Health Nursing team. Apply today to join our team!
Reporting to the Rural Manager for Public Health and prevention, the Coordinator, Regional Prevention and Public Health, will be located at Sechelt Health Unit. In this role, you will provide coordination for immunization clinic planning and operations, work with Rural community stakeholders such as pharmacists to engage in the BC immunization program, work on projects such as new sexual health clinic planning. The Coordinator will review data to identify service gaps in VCH rural communities and to lead planning to reduce inequities. We are seeking someone with strong project coordination and management skills who also possess a Masters in Public Health.
As a Coordinator, Regional Prevention and Public Health with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work in collaboration with the Regional Prevention and Public Health Team, the Coordinator provides expertise and advise that influences service delivery at the client/community of care level, including supporting data analysis, and identifying trends, opportunities for improvements in service and efficiencies that could be gained by innovative practices.
- Utilize a systems lens to support strategic planning initiatives by conducting ongoing analysis of business systems data from various perspectives (human resources, financial, clinical etc.), using advanced statistical and analytical methods.
- Customize reporting to suit departmental business needs and advises management on recommendations for improving internal and external processes.
- Monitor and advise on the performance of the quality management system, produce data and report on performance, measuring against set indicators. Supports, and leads quality improvement initiatives as required.
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Public Health supplemented with Business Administration or Information Technology or related field, plus one (1) to two (2) years’ recent, related experience in analysis and planning in a large, complex service organization or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Public health/prevention clinical experience in a health care setting is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Uses strong statistical skills to analyze data and information.
- Strong knowledge of quality processes.
- Strong facilitation and education skills. Ability to communicate effectively with all levels of staff and management.
- Ability to function in both a long-term strategic perspective and short term operational perspective. Comprehends broad implications of business decisions.
- Identifies, collects and analyses relevant data and information including industry-wide assessments and research.
- Demonstrated critical thinker, and systems thinker; understands health care delivery and innovation needed in current climate of change.
- Innovative and results oriented.
- Keeps abreast of technology changes, anticipates opportunities and ensures readiness for future technology changes and enhancements.
- Ability to work effectively in both self-directed and team environments.
- Exercises strong initiative, self-direction and problem-solving abilities to identify gaps and opportunities for improvement.
- Practices diligence and care when gathering, maintaining, monitoring, calculating and summarizing data. Ability to gather, summarize and report information in a clear and concise manner.
- Ability to lead teams with coordination, facilitation, decision making processes
- Effectively and accurately responds to the needs of stakeholders and is acutely aware of the impact of decisions and actions on the organization and various stakeholders.
- Strong verbal and written communication as well as facilitation skills to work effectively in a team setting and with a variety of stakeholders.
- Ability to identify issues, and to develop and analyze solutions to resolve problems.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current advanced word processing, graphics presentation, and spreadsheet computer applications to prepare reports and presentations.
- Results-oriented within a high-pressure working environment with numerous critical timelines.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2023.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.