- Performs abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts and echocardiography ultrasound examinations, observing patient safety practices.
- Duties include:
- receiving and completing requisitions
- entering relevant data into the diagnostic imaging information system
- preparing patients for specific procedures
- conducting examinations utilizing ultrasound and Doppler techniques.
- May perform venipuncture for contrast media injections as directed by the Radiologist/Cardiologist.
- Participates on committees/teams and approved research projects as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Must be a graduate of a recognized training program in Diagnostic Cardiac Sonography and certified with Sonography Canada or the American Registry for Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) or be certified with Sonography Canada and have passed the Sonography Canada Skills Assessment (CCSA).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course or applicable experience working in IV Therapy or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience when required by site practice.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of theory and practice for sonography procedures including abdominal, obstetrical, pelvic, peripheral vascular, small parts and cardiac sonography.
- Comprehensive knowledge of the aseptic techniques.
- Broad knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic sonographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Broad knowledge of imaging acquisition applications and digital imaging storage and distribution networks such as PACS.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.