Come work as a Dietician with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Dietician to join the Home Health team working in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
As a Community Dietitian you will:
- Work independently and in conjunction with the interdisciplinary team to apply a population health approach in advocating, developing, implementing, and evaluating nutrition and health programs.
- Develop and support food security interventions.
- Act as a consultant to staff, community agencies and stakeholders.
- Provide consistent, reliable, evidence based nutrition assessment and consultation to the designated population group.
- Collaborate with members of the health care team and participate in practice-based research projects.
- Participate in chronic disease management initiatives within Vancouver Community, Vancouver Coastal Health and Provincial stakeholders.
- Create supportive environments that promote healthy eating and active living behaviours.
Education & Experience
Current full registration with the College of Dietitians of British Columbia (CDBC).
Two years recent related experience or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
Restricted Activity A & C is required to practice.
Valid BC Driver’s License. Local area travel requires use of personal vehicle.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.