Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Employee Health Advisor to join the Employee Health team at Vancouver General Hospital. In this position, you will develop, implement and monitor safe stay at work and/or return to work plans for employees with injury or illness.
Your day to day responsibilities will include:
- Utilize support resources on the team to develop a safe and suitable care pathway that allows and encourages employees to stay-at-work or return-to-work in a timely manner following injury or illness.
- Maintain full medical confidentiality within the scope of VCH’s Accessing Employee Medical Information Policy.
- Coordinate disability case management of ill and injured employees, including early intervention and provision of services and referrals, to implement cost effective strategies to decrease absence and facilitate early return to work or stay at work.
- Maintain a high level of support for employees participating in disability management through frequent communication with the employee, collaborating with the employee and their care providers in development of goals and objectives compatible to the employee’s disability, monitoring the progress of the employee, communicating and collaborating with managers and union representatives.
- Promote best practices in disability management through communication, provision of expert advice and training of employees, managers, union representatives, HR Advisors and others, as appropriate.
- Follow established guidelines and standards of practice throughout the care pathway.
- Assess employees’ fitness for work based on bona fide medical and functional information.
- Develop, in collaboration with the employee and their care providers, individualized plans that facilitate an injured or ill employee’s return to work or stay at work that meet’s the employee’s functional ability.
- Maintain and evaluate a comprehensive roster of preferred internal and external providers of rehabilitation services.
- Maintain accurate and up to date records of all employees enrolled in the disability management program.
Education & Experience
- University degree in kinesiology, OT, PT or other health care discipline, plus five (5) years recent related experience in a unionized health care environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Disability Management certificate
- National Institute of Disability Management and Research (NIDMAR) certification is an asset.
Knowledge & Abilities
- disability management
- health care jobs
- relationship management
- verbal and written communication
- current computer literacy in Excel, Power Point, Word
- clinical reasoning
- creative solution-focused
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff – both current and prospective – have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.