Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Social Worker to join the Home Health team at the Evergreen Community Health Centre as a Family & Social Support Practitioner. Apply today to join our team!
As a Family & Social Support Practitioner you will:
- Be designated as the expert for regional family and social support systems; you will provide clinical advice and guidance to your own discipline, other health care team members and students within specific Community Health Centres and across designated Community Health Services.
- Apply a population health approach to address health issues in the evolution of an integrated, client centered health service model that supports age based groups and ensures the achievement of excellence in client centred care, education and research.
- Provide leadership and advice on policy development and provide local and regional leadership in the development, implementation and assessment of procedures, programs and services specific to family support services; you may provide social work assessment.
- Participate in and facilitate interdisciplinary communication and education, coordinate and participate in quality improvement and risk management.
ABOUT HOME HEALTH PROGRAMS:
Home Health programs provide a range of health care and support services to people living in the community who have acute, chronic, palliative or rehabilitative health care needs.
THE CLIENT POPULATION:
Home Health clients typically have on-going health issues and/or complex personal and/or social issues, requiring care planning and coordination of appropriate resources. Clients include frail elderly, younger clients with disabilities, and adults with chronic illnesses requiring supports to maintain/promote independence. Evergreen serves the northeast part of the city including the Cedar Cottage, Hastings-Sunrise and Renfrew-Collingwood neighbourhoods.
Education & Experience
- Masters of Social Work Degree from an accredited School of Social Work.
- Five years’ of relative community based experience particularly with adults and older adults that includes training and experience counselling individuals, families and groups or an equivalent combination of training, education and experience.
- Leadership experience facilitating change and facilitating professional development with staff and conducting research.
- Current full registration with the British Columbia College of Social Workers.
- Valid BC Drivers License. Local area travel requires the use of a personal vehicle.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of Systems Theory.
- Demonstrated ability to apply Systems Theory to practice in social work assessment and intervention.
- Comprehensive knowledge of development stages in the individual and family life cycle and of psychosocial issues that may occur in response to changing health and dependency needs.
- Extensive knowledge of Adult Guardianship legislation, the Mental Health Act and the Patients Property Act and the interaction between the legislative acts and the tools associated with each Act.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.