Health Care Support Worker - Home Support
Vancouver Coastal Health
North Vancouver, BC
Vancouver Coastal Health is looking to hire Health Care Support Workers via the Health Career Access Program (HCAP). Through HCAP, successful candidates will complete online and in person training as well as in person rotations as a Health Care Support Worker. Upon completing the training opportunity successful candidates will be eligible to be registered as a Care Aide with the BC Care Aide and Community Health Worker Registry. Funding will consist of 100% of wages, tuition and books during the training program. Applicants will be assigned schools based on seat availability. Apply today to take advantage of this unique opportunity!
As an applicant to this job posting, you will be considered for seats for various cohorts starting between 2022-2023.
As a Health Care Support Worker at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work under the direction of a Registered Nurse or another regulated healthcare professional.
- Performs a variety of non-direct and/or non-clinical healthcare supports to clients and families in home settings in accordance with the established care plan and safety requirements.
Education & Experience
Knowledge & Abilities
- Grade 10, including successful completion of English 10 or equivalency.
- Valid Class 5 BC Driver’s License.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.