Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Health Science Professional to join the Case and Contact Tracing Team. Apply today to join our team!
As an HSP - Case and Contact Tracing, Emerging Pathogens you will:
- Utilize Public Health clinical practice knowledge and expertise to promote and protect the optimal health, well being and safety of patients, residents and clients at all ages and life stages through targeted emerging pathogens and viral case and contact tracing programming.
Education & Experience
- Degree in a related Health Science discipline, supplemented with recent, related public health clinical experience, or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
- Registration with Provincial licensing/governing body as applicable to the profession.
- Valid BC Driver's License and access to a vehicle for local area travel may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of public health clinical theory, practices and procedures.
- Knowledge of community development and health promotion principles and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to deal sensitively and tactfully with clients and provide culturally sensitive clinical services to diverse and marginalized populations.
- Knowledge of communicable disease control practices and procedures including: prevention, promotion, reporting responsibilities and related procedures and immunization practices, including up to date immunization competency.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with co-workers, physicians, other health care staff, clients and their families and outside agencies.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.