Are you a dedicated healthcare worker and enjoy working as a member of an interdisciplinary care team? Do you thrive in both independent and collaborative environments? Apply to work as a Licensed Practical Nurse at Hilltop House in Squamish, BC for Vancouver Coastal Health today!
As an LPN at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Perform full scope of practical nursing functions for clients with predictable outcomes including activities such as assessing, planning, implementing, evaluating and documenting client care, and providing support to clients and their families.
- Work collaboratively as a member of an interdisciplinary care team and under general supervision, supports the Registered Nurse in caring for clients with unpredictable outcomes or where the acuity or complexity of care requires an advanced level of knowledge and skill beyond the scope of practice for Licensed Practical Nurses.
- Maintains and advances clinical competence pursuant to the standards of practice of BCCNM for Licenced Practical Nurses.
Education & Experience
- Graduation from a recognized program for Practical Nurses or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse with the BC College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
ABOUT HILLTOP HOUSE:
Hilltop House is located in Squamish, BC, approximately one hour north of the Vancouver lower mainland and accessible on the scenic Sea to Sky highway. The area hosts an abundance of recreational activities such as mountain biking, hiking, rock climbing and kayaking, as well as a growing arts and culture scene. Hilltop House is an 86-bed long term care facility for seniors with complex needs. It provides home-like care for its permanent residents, as well as respite care, a community bathing program and adult day care for seniors.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.