Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Combined Lab & X-ray Technologist (CLXT) to join the team at Bella Coola General Hospital in Bella Coola, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Combined Lab & X-Ray Technologist (CLXT) at VCH you will:
- Be responsible for the routine technological duties, maintaining standards, quality control, maintaining instruments, scheduling of patients, and everyday problem solving in both the x-ray and lab departments.
- Maintain and work within the Diagnostic Accreditation Program (DAP) standards.
ABOUT BELLA COOLA, BC:
Bella Coola sits in a mountain valley at the head of the North Bentinck Channel, 500 km north of Vancouver, with a population of about 1800 people. The community is at the end of a long, truly magnificent fjord, on the mainland coast of British Columbia. Bella Coola General Hospital has 10 acute bed, 5 long term care beds and a 3 bed emergency department open 24/7, along with a laboratory, diagnostic imaging services, Telehealth, Mental Health, Public Health, Home & Community Support Services. Also within the hospital are a medical clinic and a pharmacy.
Education & Experience
- Graduated from a recognized Combined Laboratory and X-Ray Technologist/Technician Program.
- Registered CLXT with a recognized provincial professional association.
- Experience or program curriculum base instruction in transfusion medicine, or minimum 2 weeks professional development in transfusion medicine.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Demonstrated ability to deal with others effectively.
- Physical ability to carry out the duties of the position.
- Demonstrated ability to organize work.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrate effective problem-solving skills.