Vancouver Coastal Health is the Lead Health Authority for Medical Imaging. We are currently looking for keen MRI technologists to join our teams throughout the Lower Mainland. Apply today to join our team!
- Performs examinations in MRI in accordance with departmental policy and procedures, observing safe practices.
- Duties include:
- receiving and completing requisitions
- entering relevant data into the radiology information system
- preparing examination trays and patients for specific procedures
- operating computerized imaging equipment including processing and archiving of acquired data
- monitoring patient during procedures and monitoring equipment performance
- May be responsible for the evening, night and weekend shift.
Education & Experience
- Current certification with CAMRT (Magnetic Resonance Imaging).
- Completion of Intravenous Therapy training course when required by site practice and one (1) year recent, related experience including supervisory experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) certification - Basic Life Support (BCLS) level.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge of standards of practice and guidelines for Medical Imaging practitioners established by the CAMRT and/or other relevant national professional associations.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures, and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of current General Radiography and MRI theory and practices within a client/family centred model of care.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.