Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Nurse Practitioner to join the North Shore Urgent & Primary Care Centre in North Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Nurse Practitioner with VCH you will:
- Be responsible and accountable for the comprehensive assessment of patients and clients including diagnosing diseases, disorders and conditions.
- Initiate treatment including health care management, therapeutic interventions and prescribes medications in accordance with the statutory and regulatory standards, limits and conditions, and employer policies and procedures.
- Provide professional guidance to other health professionals and participate autonomously as a member of the interdisciplinary health teams.
- Collaborate with clients and other health professionals to identify and assess trends and patterns that have implications for clients, families and communities.
- Develop and implement population and evidence-based strategies to improve health and participate in policy-making and quality improvement activities that influence health services and practices.
- Participate in peer, program and self-review to evaluate the outcome of the services at the client, community and population level.
- Be responsible for your own professional development and maintaining competence in the position, and maintaining privileges as active medical staff as required.
- Report to an Operational Director, Professional Practice and have key accountabilities for quality assurance and patient safety within the Regional Department of Nurse Practitioners.
About The North Shore Urgent & Primary Care Centre (UPCC)
The UPCC provides urgent care for patients with non-life-threatening injuries, illnesses and conditions that should be addressed within 12 to 24 hours, but do not require the service and expertise of a hospital emergency department (CTAS 3,4,5).
The UPCC will operate 7 days per week, year round, Mon-Sat 0800-2200 and Sunday and Holidays from 0900-1700.
The clinic provides team-based care, with off-site rapid access to X-ray, ultrasound and labs. Patients are linked to appropriate care pathways that include specialist, social service, and primary care. Of particular note: all treatment and follow-up will be carefully integrated with existing Primary Care providers, and patients will be supported to find Primary Care if unattached.
The ideal candidate combines current or recent experience in primary care along with urgent or emergent care, with a clear understanding of the role and importance of foundational primary care, and is able to integrate the two. We actively foster a positive, respectful, and supportive working environment, and we are looking for someone who is positive, energetic, and empathic with strong communication skills and natural attention to detail.
The North Vancouver UPCC supports a healthy work-life balance and will focus on the professional development and satisfaction of its multidisciplinary team. The clinic supports learning, skill development and continuous quality improvement through clinical simulation exercises and a range of quality improvement initiatives.
The North Vancouver UPCC is strongly committed to diversity within its community and especially welcomes applications from racialized persons / persons of colour, women, Indigenous / Aboriginal People of North America, persons with disabilities, LGBTQ persons, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas.
Education & Experience
- Current registration as a Nurse Practitioner with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP) plus 4 years of recent, and relevant clinical nursing experience.
- Successful completion of the Objective Structured Clinical Examination (OSCE) required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to perform the full scope of NP duties and responsibilities.
- Applies for and maintains core and non-core privileges, as required by the program, as active medical staff within the VCH Regional Department of Nurse Practitioners and cross-appointments as described in the VCH Medical Staff Rules and Medical Bylaws.
- Ability to apply knowledge of developmental stages, behavioral sciences, pathophysiology, psychopathology, epidemiology, and evidence-based practice to clinical diagnosis and patient management.
- Ability to apply knowledge of pharmacology, pharmacokinetics and pharmacodynamics to prescribing and evaluating treatment responses.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.