Come work as a Nursing Unit Assistant with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Thank you for your commitment as a health care professional. In these unprecedented and challenging times, it is now, more than ever, that we need to come together to support each other and the people we serve. Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Nursing Unit Assistants to support teams across the organization in COVID – 19 specific units and general care. We need you - apply today to join our team!
As a Nursing Unit Assistant at Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Work in a team based environment and perform clerical/receptionist functions in the support of the delivery of client care.
- Place client/family needs above all other concerns.
- Perform a variety of clerical duties such as:
- transcribing and processing physicians’ orders
- communicating with other departments and hospitals to coordinate client appointments and transportation
- arranging client tests and receiving results
- receiving visitors and answering the telephone, and prioritizing requests
- Assemble and maintain client charts, arrange for client admissions and discharges.
- Perform timekeeping functions and compile statistics.
- Type and distribute a variety of technical and non-technical reports and other materials.
- Maintain an inventory of stationery supplies, and ensure filing systems are maintained.
WHO WE ARE:
Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH) is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents living in Vancouver, Vancouver's North Shore, Richmond, the Sea-to-Sky Highway, Sunshine Coast, and the Central Coast (Bella Bella and Bella Coola.) At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. At our core, we are a people-focused organization where entrepreneurial spirit runs deep, and opportunity exists for all those who see themselves in the transformation of health care as we know it.