Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for an experienced Registered Nurse to join the team at R.W. Large Memorial Hospital as a Patient Care Coordinator/Educator. Apply today to join our team!
As a Patient Care Coordinator/Educator with VCH you will:
- Coordinate patient care activities in a defined area of clinical expertise and provides leadership and guidance to designated staff.
- Facilitates efficient patient flow and patient access within and between units/programs/clinics.
- Ensures a high standard of patient care by acting as a clinical resource for staff, supporting staff training and development and providing leadership and support to the interdisciplinary team.
- Provides educational services including individual and group learning assessments and develops, implements and evaluates education programs and resources using specialized theory and knowledge of care and adult learning principles.
- Assists the Manager with performing administrative duties and coordinates staffing, scheduling and clinical research activities, ensuring optimal use of patient care resources. Promotes education and research.
- Consults and collaborates with interdisciplinary team members, the leadership team and other health care professionals/providers to achieve excellence in patient and family centered care and enhancement in the quality of life.
ABOUT BELLA BELLA
Bella Bella is a beautiful island community off the central coast of British Columbia, 690 km north of Vancouver. It is surrounded by a magical world of channels, inlets and old growth forest. It is home to salmon, orcas, humpbacks, bald eagles and the other denizens of the Pacific Northwest. The climate is mild and the area is a paradise for kayaking, sport fishing, hiking and photography.
The R.W. Large Memorial Hospital in Bella Bella has 7 acute beds, 7 residential beds and a 4-bed emergency department open 24/7, along with Laboratory and Diagnostic Imaging services. It offers telehealth services as well as speciality clinics. R.W. Large Memorial Hospital also has an Intensive Case Management team for mental health and substance use. There is a medical clinic and a pharmacy located in the hospital. The healthcare team consists of Physicians, RNs, LPNs, PCAs, Laboratory and Radiology Technologists, Combined Lab/X-Ray Technologists, Pharmacist, Pharmacy Assistants, and Support Services Personnel.
R.W. Large Memorial Hospital is located on the traditional territories of the Heiltsuk Nation. It is one of the only provincial hospitals located on a reserve in all of Canada.
Education & Experience
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nurses and Midwives (BCCNM).
- Completion of post basic specialty nursing certificate/program if applicable, and three (3) years' recent, related experience in the designated clinical area including one (1) year's related administrative/supervisory experience and one (1) year’s related teaching experience and/or group facilitation or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.