We have an exciting opportunity for you to join the team at Richmond Hospital as a Physiotherapist. Apply today to join our team!
As a Physiotherapist with VCH you will:
- Provide physiotherapy services to enable clients to achieve and maintain optimal health outcomes, by working independently and as a member of an interdisciplinary team.
- Perform assessments on client’s physical status, functional abilities and needs and goals, establish a physiotherapy diagnosis and prognosis, develop and implement an intervention strategy, evaluate the effectiveness of the intervention, and communicate with the client/family and health care team members.
- Contribute to the organization and delivery of physiotherapy services, and participate in departmental/program quality assurance initiatives, meetings, research, and education.
The Patient Population
As a Physiotherapist at Richmond Hospital, the patient population you will work with may include:
- Inpatient: Orthopedic, medical, neurological;
- including acute stroke; general surgical
- Outpatient: Post-operative orthopedics, Arthritis, Cardiac Rehab
- Potential to work in a variety of settings.
The Nature of Your Work
In addition to treating patients in both Inpatient and Outpatient settings, your work will also involve discharge planning, and participating in a collaborative team environment. Your work may involve working with a multidisciplinary team.
Education & Experience
- Current full registration with the College of Physical Therapists of BC (CPTBC).
- Eligible for membership in the Physiotherapy Association of British Columbia (PABC).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Broad knowledge of Physiotherapy theory and practice within a client and family centred model of care.
- Broad knowledge of the CPTBC standards of practice and guidelines for clinical practitioners.
- Broad knowledge of other health care disciplines and their role in client care.
- Basic knowledge of evidence-based clinical practice related to designated clinical area(s).
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.