Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for Program Support Assistants to join the Case & Contact Tracing team in Vancouver, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Program Support Assistant with VCH you will:
- Perform a variety of administrative support functions such as:
- inputting client information into computerized client information systems
- word processing
- composing and signing correspondence
- typing reports and documents
- answers general inquiries related to programs and policies, booking appointments and meetings.
- Assists the community/public health nurse, allied health professionals, and other team members in the organization and operation of designated program clinics/services.
Education & Experience
- Grade 12, graduation from an Office Administration program supplemented by one (1) year’s recent, related experience or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Valid B.C. Driver’s license and local area travel requiring the use of a personal vehicle may be required.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Knowledge of office practices and procedures.
- Knowledge and proficiency in relevant software. (Word, Excel, graphic applications)
- Ability to keyboard 5,000 keystrokes per hour.
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to work independently and effectively with others.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.