Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Project Leader, Facilities Planning to join the Facility Functional Planning team at Lions Gate Hospital. Click here to apply today!
Reporting to the Manager, Planning and Projects or designate, the Project Leader is responsible for overseeing and supporting the planning, design and/or implementation of assigned projects across Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH), including project planning, project management, communications, and contract management. Oversees assigned staff and provides leadership by directing work teams, contractors and consultants as needed on a project-by-project basis.
As a Project Leader, Facilities Planning with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Manage the planning and implementation of approved projects and/or enabling sub-projects from the initial planning and design stages through to implementation and completion.
- Provide support by conveying policies and priorities, directing work and ensuring issues are resolved or escalated level(s) to meet project deliverables and timelines.
- Oversee assigned staff as needed on a project-by-project basis.
- Carry out project plans according to established departmental project methodologies and systems to ensure successful and coordinated completion of project components.
- Monitor project charter, plans, budget, scope, schedule, expenditures, client satisfaction and risks, report on variances and impacts to deliverables, and make recommendations to departmental leadership.
- Participate in and/or lead meetings throughout project lifecycle.
- Attend and/or lead construction meetings to manage issues, problems, and schedules and to direct activities as required.
- Provide input to project business plans and project charters as requested, conduct feasibility studies, perform analysis and develop solutions.
- Prepare cost estimates and recommend budgets. Prepare planning and contruction schedules to align with user needs and expectations.
- Review and assess space ocupancy and utilization; provide recommendations on options to improve the operation, efficiency and effectiveness of impacted business units.
- Coorindate planning, design and contract document preparation by liasing with clinical planners, equipment planners, design consultants and various user groups for assigned projects.
- Review schematic designs, design development documents, working drawings and specs for functionality, attainment of program/facility needs.
- Sign off on drawings and changes as required and within authorized limits; obtain building and other required permits for assigned projects/
- Carry out responsibilitis in accordance with health and safety requirements. Immediately reports unsafe situations by notifying supervisor or other appropriate personnel.
Education & Experience
- Diploma in Architectural and Building Technology, Engineering Technology, or a related field
- Five (5) to seven (7) years' recent related experience managing, leading and directing facilities projects in a complex institutional environment, or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.