Come work as a Project Manager I with Vancouver Coastal Health (VCH)!
Reporting to the Executive Director of Home Health, the Project Manager leads and coordinates all aspects of assigned projects for designated programs/services within the regional Home Health program. Ensures that project deliverables are completed on time and on budget, as described in the project plan. Works closely with the Regional Home Health team and other stakeholders to inspire others to achieve goals and deliverables through facilitation, effective commuication of corporate visions, and ensuring the culture is one in which individual competencies can thrive. May provides leadership, guidance and support to designated project staff. Projects may involve process improvement and work redesign, productivity review/staff deployment and the provision of strategic information to support those processes. Findings and recommendations have a direct financial and staff resources impact. Communicates with all levels of staff and management within the CoC and/or across VCH to facilitate consensus, consult, negotiate and share information. Liaises with consultants, vendors and other health care entities and other external agencies to negotiate contracts for the provision of goods and services.
As a Project Manager I with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Establish detailed project charter, plans, and objectives to outline timelines and project deliverables.
- Execute project plan according to project methodologies, ensures successful and coordinated completion of project components, facilitates consensus with stakeholders as needed, and ensures readiness for project implementation.
- Track project progress according to project plan, monitors and reports on the status of projects and major issues/obstacles encountered. Makes recommendations regarding projects scope changes.
- Implement and/or contribute to the implementation of effective processes to assess project risks, identify risk mitigation strategies and monitor risk throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Participate in development and monitoring of project budgets within the context of operational demands and environmental and resource constraints and uses best utilization methods to thoroughly monitor and adhere to allocated budgets.
- Maintain ongoing support for initiatives from project sponsors and user groups, keeps stakeholders aware of project status and ensures effective communication channels are in place.
- Participate in establishment of project team by gathering input from stakeholders, identifying needs and skills required, making staffing recommendations and/or decisions.
- May provide leadership and direction to project team members, conveys policies and priorities, coordinates work and ensures issues are resolved or escalated to ensure project deliverables and timelines are met.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
Education & Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Services Administration, Business Administration or relevant health care discipline with five (5) to seven (7) year's recent, related experience in project management and facilitating and managing consultation processes with a wide range of stakeholder groups.
- Current registration with relevant professional College/Association, if applicable, is preferred.
- Excellent communication skills to function within a complex interdisciplinary environment including ability to communicate with the physician community.
- Computer literacy with word-processing, spreadsheet, presentation, project management and database applications.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Displays comprehensive knowledge of project management principles and methodologies and ability to coach team members on these skills.
- Effectively monitors budgets and executes project plans with stringent timelines.
- Utilizes initiative, vision, independent thinking and creative problem-solving abilities to implement project plans and realize project completion.
- Maintains a broad knowledge of patient care delivery systems in primary, acute and community settings.
- Maintains a thorough understanding of available resources for projects and applicable stakeholder groups, provides feedback and detailed analysis on project processes and makes recommendations as required.
- Utilizes effective facilitation, persuasion and negotiation abilities to achieve consensus, resolve conflict and achieve desired outcomes.
- Works effectively under time pressure to meet deadlines, balance work priorities and resolve problems in a timely manner.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
As per the current Public Health Orders (Long Term Care/Seniors Assisted Living Provincial Health Officer Order and the Health Sector Order), as of October 26, 2021, all employees working for Vancouver Coastal Health must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19. Proof of vaccination status will be required.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity, and inclusion are essential to our goals of creating a great place to work and delivering exceptional care. We acknowledge and accommodate unique differences and ensure special measures are in place so that all prospective and current employees are given an opportunity to succeed.
We are committed to building a representative workforce and encourage applications reflecting diversity of sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, racialization or ancestry, disability, political belief, religion, marital or family status, age, and/or status as a First Nation, Metis, Inuit, or Indigenous person.
Vancouver Coastal Health is proud to be recognized as one of Canada's Top 100 Employers in 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Hours of Work may vary due to project requirements.
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting.