Vancouver Coastal Health is the Lead Health Authority for Medical Imaging. We are currently looking for keen Radiological Technologists 1 to join our teams throughout the Lower Mainland. Click here to apply!
As a Radiological Technologist you will:
- Perform diagnostic radiographic/fluoroscopic and medical imaging procedures/techniques and related duties, observing safe radiation protection practices.
- Perform duties including:
- receiving and completing requisitions,
- entering relevant data into the Radiology Information System (RIS),
- preparing patients for examination,
- operating radiographic and computerized imaging equipment including processing radiographs and archiving of acquired data,
- monitoring patient during procedures,
- monitoring equipment performance,
- and maintaining cleanliness of examination rooms.
Education & Experience
- Certification with the CAMRT.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Demonstrated knowledge and practice of safe work procedures with diagnostic radiographic and medical imaging equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to perform radiographic examinations in compliance with departmental standards.
- Demonstrated knowledge of evidence-based practice related to designated modality.
- Demonstrated knowledge of organization policies, procedures and standards of care, including practice of safe work procedures with modality equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge of research process and methodology.
- Demonstrated knowledge of PACS/Radiology Information Systems, i.e. digital imaging, image archiving and retrieval.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate (orally and in writing) and deal effectively with clients and their families, co-workers, physicians, other health care staff and staff of external agencies.
- Demonstrated ability to operate related equipment.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability to establish workload priorities in collaboration with others.
- Demonstrated ability in CPR techniques.
- Demonstrated computer skills including the ability to effectively use a computerized client care information system.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.