Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Recreation Assistant to join the team at Minoru Residence in Richmond, BC. Apply today to join our team!
As a Recreation Assistant with VCH you will:
- Work in a team based environment to carry out recreation programs in consultation with the Recreation Therapist.
- Support your team by:
- organizing and overseeing patients/clients/residents on outings,
- coordinating the portering of patients/clients/residents to and from the activity,
- demonstrating techniques of recreation activities,
- carrying out prescribed adaptations to recreation activities to enable patients/clients/residents to maintain maximum potential for independence,
- providing functional direction to volunteers,
- evaluating and reporting relevant observations of patient’s/client’s/resident's progress/participation to the Recreation Therapist or interdisciplinary team,
- organizing furnishings and equipment for designated activities,
- and maintaining inventory of equipment and supplies.
In this position you may need to operate a bus with a passenger seating capacity of up to 25 passengers (including the driver) to transport patients/clients/residents to and from community participation activities as required.
Education & Experience
- Completion of a recognized Recreation Diploma Program or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
- Valid Class 4 vehicle license (unrestricted).
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to teach.
- Ability to organize work.
- Physical ability to perform the duties of the position.
- Ability to operate related equipment.
- Ability to deal with others effectively.
The hours of work including days off and work area may be subject to change consistent with operational requirements and the provision of the Collective Agreement and applicable statutes. Successful applicants may be required to complete a Criminal Records Review Check.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.