By using the site, you consent to the use of these cookies.
to learn more.
RECREATION THERAPY WORKER
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Apply for Job
Therapy and Assessment
:RECREATION THERAPY WORKER
:PERMANENT PART TIME (0.64 FTE)
We are presently hiring and looking for new Permanent Part Time team member to join our Recreation Therapy Department at Ponderosa Lodge. Apply Today!
A strong candidate will have completed a course or courses within a recognized recreation therapy program and hold a Class IV Unrestricted BC Driver’s License (or in the process of being licensed).
Working within a client centered model, the Recreation Therapy Worker works as a member of the interdisciplinary team and is responsible for the implementation and evaluation of an established Recreation Therapy Program.
As the Recreation Therapy Worker you will be primarily working with geriatric residents and short stay clients. This position plans programs and assists in getting residents to/from their programs. Recreation Therapy Workers accompany residents on outings within the community and drive residents to and from their outings, facilitate groups specific to the needs of the residents (i.e. social, physical, spiritual, etc.), and one-to-one programs. The Recreation Therapy Worker completes leisure assessments on clients and work alongside volunteers.
Ponderosa Lodge, located in Kamloops, embodies a resident-centered philosophy designed to support residents’ choices, help people function at their highest level, and provide the best quality of life possible. Beds at Ponderosa are “short term” only and consist of:
• 68 First Appropriate Bed - these residents are waiting for a permanent bed in a residential care facility; or
• 68 Convalescent care beds that include respite care.
Hours of Work: Rotating day and evening shifts 08:15 to 15:15, 13:00 to 19:30
• Grade 12
• Completion of a recognized recreation course(s)
• Two year’s recent, related experience
• Valid class 4 vehicle license
• Certificates in Food Safe/ Serve It Right and First Aid
• We invite applicants to self-identify as First Nation, Métis or Inuit within cover letters and/or resumes.
• Interior Health now offers assistance from an Aboriginal Employment Advisor. If you self-identify as Aboriginal (First Nations, Métis or Inuit) and if you would like assistance with the application process, job readiness, interview readiness or tips for resume and cover letter writing, send your question via email to AboriginalEmployment@interiorhealth.ca to be redirected to the Employment Advisor.
INTERIOR HEALTH AUTHORITY
Browse All Jobs by Category
Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) (85)
Dental Assistant (431)
Dental Hygienist / Dental Therapist (167)
Dietitian and Nutritionist (77)
Directors and Managers (374)
Healthcare Aide (1303)
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) (2316)
Massage Therapist (664)
Medical Office Assistant (MOA) (914)
Medical Technologist and Technician (705)
Medical Transcriptionist (18)
Mental Health (2)
Nurse Practitioner (NP) (947)
Occupational Therapist (1105)
Other Healthcare Jobs (1947)
Pharmacy Technician (2173)
Physician Assistant (490)
Physicians and Surgeons (4129)
Physiotherapist / Physical Therapist (1147)
Practitioners Of Natural Healing (14)
Public Health Professional (0)
Registered Nurse (RN) (19276)
Research and Innovation (1)
Respiratory Therapist (674)
Social / Community Worker (562)
Sonographer / Ultrasound Technologist (47)
Speech-Language Pathologist (2006)
Therapy and Assessment (651)
Veterinary Professionals (285)
Employers & Network Partners
© 2020 HealthJobHub LTD. All Rights Reserved.