Vancouver Coastal Health is looking for a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead to join the Regional Home Support team. Apply today to join our team!
As a Regional Practice Initiatives Lead with Vancouver Coastal Health you will:
- Be responsible for providing leadership and expert consultative advice on clinical practice and resource planning aspects of the Health Career Access Program (HCAP) for the Home Support portfolio.
- Work in close collaboration with the Regional Home Support team, People team and other relevant internal/external stakeholders, and work collaboratively to support care teams, build relationships and align workforce planning with HCAP program education and supports to students as well as Community Health Worker (CHW) preceptors.
- Contribute to project status reports, and work collaboratively to identify solutions when challenges to timelines or deliverables occur.
WHY JOIN VANCOUVER COASTAL HEALTH?
VCH is a world class innovator in medical care, research and teaching, delivering service to more than one million BC residents. At VCH, we embrace thinking boldly, taking smart risks, and "going first" when we believe it will lead to the best possible outcomes for patients and their families. We invite you to join us in creating healthy lives in healthy communities by showcasing our passion for care, connection to the communities we serve and our culture of teamwork that makes VCH a great place to work.
- Comprehensive health benefits package, including MSP, extended health and dental and municipal pension plan
- Grow your career with employer-paid training and leadership development opportunities
- Wellness supports, including counselling, critical incident and innovative wellness services are available to employees and their immediate families
- Award-winning recognition programs to honour staff, medical staff and volunteers
- Access to exclusive discount offers and deals for VCH staff
Education & Experience
- Master’s Degree in Nursing or Allied Health supplemented with three (3) to five (5) year’s recent, related experience in a complex health care environment including project leadership, program planning and evaluation, education, facilitation and or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Current practicing registration as a Registered Nurse with the British Columbia College of Nursing Professionals (BCCNP), or current practicing registration or certification in a recognized health profession in British Columbia.
Knowledge & Abilities
- Ability to work independently and develop strong collaborative partnerships with multiple stakeholders.
- Demonstrated project management experience including managing resources, timelines and deliverables.
- Facilitates, collaborates and negotiates for effective resolution of project related issues.
- Experience with Quality Improvement methodology including processes and outcome monitoring.
- Fosters collaborative and effective working relationships with multiple stakeholders to support the quality improvement project’s success.
- Experience/base in clinical practice document/protocol development and implementation.
- Can demonstrate effective coaching/teaching skills
- Can demonstrate excellent verbal and written communication skills and oral presentation
- Can demonstrate experience in home support and knowledge of system
Please note: The duration of this temporary position is until approximately September 2022.
Please note that a resume is required to apply to this posting.
Diversity, equity and inclusion are essential to delivering exceptional care and building a great place to work. At VCH, we value and accommodate unique differences to ensure that our staff and medical staff (both current and prospective) have the opportunity and are supported to thrive.
To build a strong and representative workforce, we are seeking candidates who will contribute to a caring and inclusive culture. We encourage applications from members of communities that are disadvantaged on any grounds under the B.C. Human Rights Code, including Indigenous Peoples, people of colour, people of all genders and sexualities and people with disabilities.
VCH is proud to be recognized as a Best Place to Work in Canada in 2021 by Glassdoor and Forbes.
CLICK HERE TO APPLY NOW
Only short-listed applicants will be contacted for this posting. Thank you for your interest in Vancouver Coastal Health.