Registered Nurse NICU PRN
SCHEDULE: PRN/Per Diem
Neonatal Intensive Care Unit
Plantation General Hospital
Named one of the nation's Top Performers on Key Quality Measures in 2016 by The Joint Commission, Plantation General Hospital is a 264-bed, acute care hospital that has served Plantation and Central Broward County for more than 50 years. Our facility provides easy access to the vast resources of the HCA Hospital Network, which includes surgeons who excel in minimally invasive surgery with an intense focus in Women and Children's Services. A Joint Commission Certified Primary Stroke Center and 2-year recipient of Health grades Obstetrics and Gynecology Excellence Award™, we are located within minutes of the Florida Turnpike, I-595 and I-95. Plantation General Hospital offers emergency rooms and intensive care units designated for children, pregnant women and adults. Our goal is to deliver the very best care to our communities and the patients we serve.
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO, medical, dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement, employee discount program, and employee stock purchase program.
Reporting to the Director of the NICU, you will be facilitating exceptional care for the patients we serve in our 31-Bed unit, 2 private beds. Some notable information about the unit :
- Skill mix: Charge Nurse, Registered Nurse, Patient Care Assistant, Lactation Consultant
- Patient Ratio: LEVEL II: RN:4:1 ratio with PCA Help, PCA takes 3 to 4 babies LEVEL III: RN: 2:1
- NICU patients hosts a variety of patient acuities/diagnosis: All Acuity except Echmo and major heart defects
- Schedules: 12-hour shifts (0700-1930, 1900-0730) ; Full time is considered 36 hours per week, including every other weekend. Self-scheduling is available.
- Dress code: Professional Scrubs (individual provides their own). Navy Blue or White. Baby friendly scrubs.
- Unique equipment: Neuro bundle with the TORTLE product, Back to Sleep initiative we use the new HALO product, Whole body cooling
- 2 lactation consultants only for the NICU and we are in the FPQC (Florida Perinatal Quality Collaborative) project. We expect every mother to provide breast milk to their baby
- Transport team here will pick up a baby from any other HCA facility
- PICC team - Group of NICU nurses that are certified to put in central lines
- Our NICU was chosen by corporate to be in The Unit of Distinction
- Associates in Science inNursing, Bachelors preferred
- CurrentFlorida license as Registered Nurse or Recognized Compact Licensure (subject toFlorida State Licensing Requirements, including/not limited to ongoingeligibility and duration provisions).
- Current certification as a BLS/CPR provider through the American Heart Association required
- Current certification as NRP or must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Current Certification in STABLE or obtained within 6 months of employment
- Current experience of NICU Level III experience preferred
Our Company's recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us know by clicking here .
For questions about your job application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-422-5627 option 1.